The Peg Leg Award (AKA “Peggie”) was created in 2012 to recognize deeds that form the foundation of our community. The award is given in recognition of being a good neighbor. Why a peg leg? Because we live on boats! And because we think that a good neighbor often provides support beyond what we are capable of doing alone.
The Peggie highlights the strong sense of community that makes living at Gangplank Marina so special. That sense of community exists due in no small part to the small acts of kindness that slipholders impart to one another on a regular basis. And for that reason, we’re bringing the Peggie back this year.
How it works:
1. Nominations are cast online or in paper form by listing a neighbors name and why they should win a “Peggie”.
2. A winner is selected at random at a GPSA meeting once a month.
3. The winner will be given an award and featured with the good deeds they have done.
4. All nominations will be read at the GPSA meeting and listed on our blog and social media sites.
The winner of the Peg Leg Award for the month of November will be determined at the December 1st GPSA meeting. We will accept nominees starting now until the time of the drawing. You can nominate more than one person.
To cast your nominations:
– Fill out the online form here
– Send an email
– Give Tashia McCarty (or any other GPSA Board Member) a paper slip with all details written on it
We have a great community so let’s make sure we express how much we appreciate each other!